Amandeep and Gaurika share lead in sixth leg of Hero WPGT
Khel Today Bureau
Gurugram: Amandeep Drall and Gaurika Bishnoi shared the lead despite contrasting first rounds in the 6th Leg of the Hero Women’s Professional Golf Tour at the Classic Golf and Country Club. While Amandeep dropped two shots on the front nine but played a bogey-free 4-under on the back stretch, Gaurika Bishnoi had five birdies but suffered a double bogey on the back nine apart from a bogey earlier in the front half. They both shot 2-under 70 each and held a one-shot lead over four players bunched together in third place.
Two experienced stars, Tvesa Malik and Vani Kapoor, using these events to get some tournament practice, shot 1-under 71 along with rookie Kriti Chowhan and Hitaashee Bakshi, who is coming back from an injury.
Amandeep Drall, who has one domestic win this year, bogeyed fifth and seventh and turned in a disappointing two-over. The momentum changed on the back nine as she birdied 11th and 13th and closed with birdies on the last two holes.
Gaurika twice had back-to-back birdies, once on each side of the course. She bogeyed eighth and then double bogeyed the Par-5 14th before picking a birdie on the Par-3 17th.
Tvesa Malik had three birdies against two bogeys while Vani Kapoor had two birdies and one bogey.
Agrima Manral was sole seventh with an even par 72, while Asmitha Sathish and Rhea Jha carded 73 each to be tied eighth. Six players, including last week’s winner Sneha Singh, shot 2-over 74 to be tied 10th. The others at 74 were Seher Atwal, Nayanika Sanga and Neha Tripathi from the pro ranks, while amateurs Nishna Patel and Lavanya Jadon, who have just returned from the Women’s Amateur Asia-Pacific, were also tied 10th.
Tee times for the second round of the sixth leg of the Hero Women’s Pro Golf Tour at the Classic Golf and Country Club:
- 7:30 am : Anaggha Venkatesh 91; Khushi 88;
- 7:40 am : Ayesha Kapur 85; Geetika Ahuja 84; Anisha Agarwalla 83;
- 7:50 am : Mehar Atwal 80; Rhea Purvi Saravanan 79; Jyotsana Singh 78;
- 8:00 am : Gursimar Badwal 78; Riya Yadav 78; Ananya Datar 78;
- 8:10 am : Ishvari Prasanna 78; Rishika Muralidhar (A) 78; Sachika Singh 77;
- 8:25 am : Shagun Narain 77; Anvvi Dahhiya (A) 76; Khushi Khanijau 76;
- 8:35 am : Saaniya Sharma 76; Shweta Mansingh 76; Lakhmehar Pardesi 76;
- 8:45 am : Nandita Kumar (A) 75; Keerthana Rajeev (A) 75; Nayanika Sanga 75;
- 8:55 am : Oviya Reddi 74; Sneha Singh 74; Nishna Patel (A) 74;
- 9:10 am : Neha Tripathi 74; Seher Atwal 74; Lavanya Jadon (A) 74;
- 9:20 am : Rhea Jha 73; Asmitha Sathish 73; Agrima Manral 72;
- 9:30 am : Kriti Chowhan 71; Hitaashee Bakshi 71; Vani Kapoor 71;
- 9:40 am : Tvesa Malik 71; Gaurika Bishnoi 70; Amandeep Drall 70.