Amandeep and Vani 1-2 after first round of 4th leg of Hero WPGT
Khel Today Bureau
Kolkata: Amandeep Drall and Vani Kapoor got off to a good start with 1-under 69 and even par respectively as the fourth leg of the Hero Women’s Pro Golf Tour got underway at the Tollygunge Club. The two star player who will switch their focus to the Ladies European Tour next month were the leaders, as Shweta Mansingh too got off to a good start for the second time in as many weeks. Shweta carded 1-over 71 to be tied third alongside Astha Madan and Khushi Khanijau.
Last week’s runner-up Jasmine Shekar was tied sixth in a big bunch that included Neha Tripathi, Seher Atwal and amateur Janneya Dasanniee. They all shot 2-over 72 each.
Amandeep was off to a terrible start as she bogeyed the first two holes. She made up with birdies on fourth and seventh, but a dropped shot on eighth meant she still turned in 1-over. On the back nine back-to-back birdies on 11th and 12th gave her some space, but another dropped shot on par-5 13th saw her at level par again. A closing birdie meant a 1-under 69.
Vani Kapoor had a roller-coaster start with a bogey on the first, birdie on the second and bogey on the third followed by a birdie on fifth. A bogey on eighth was followed by a string of pars with one birdie on the Par-4 12th as she finished with even par 70.
Shweta Mansingh had four birdies against five bogeys and was lying fifth. Astha Madan also had four birdies against five bogeys, while Khushi Khanijau had four bogeys and three birdies in a row from 13th to 15th.
Jasmine Shekar, who had a great week at RCGC before losing in a play-off, was four-over through five holes, but recovered very well with three birdies and one bogey in the remaining 13 holes for a 71.
Tee times for the second round of the fourth leg of the Hero Women’s Pro Golf Tour at the Tollygunge Club:
- 8:10 am: Ishvari Prasanna 82, Aashera Sethi (A) 82,
- 8:20 am: Rishika Muralidhar (A) 82, Anaahat Bindra (A) 81,
- 8:30 am Shagun Narain 81, Anisha Agarwalla 79, Geetika Ahuja 79,
- 8:40 am: Sachika Singh 78 Rhea Purvi Saravanan 77,
- 8:50 am: Riya Yadav 77, Jyotsana Singh 77, Lakhmehar Pardesi 76,
- 9:05 am: Sneha Singh 76, Rhea Jha 76, Trimann Saluja 75,
- 9:15 am: Saaniya Sharma 75, Mehar Atwal 75, Smriti Bhargav (A) 75,
- 9:25 am: Siddhi Kapoor 75, Lavanya Jadon (A) 74, Agrima Manral 73,
- 9:40 am: Seher Atwal 72, Janneya Dasanniee (A) 72, Neha Tripathi 72,
- 9:50 am: Jasmine Shekar 72, Khushi Khanijau 71, Astha Madan 71,
- 10:00 am: Shweta Mansingh 71, Vani Kapoor 70, Amandeep Drall 69.